These materials are required for new intro to oil painting students.
The materials can easily be ordered from Blick Art Materials and Rosemary and Company and are usually delivered to your front door in about 1-2 week's time if everything is in stock. Robert's suggestion is to give the order two weeks for delivery.
It is highly recommended to buy the specific brand of materials so that you have the same results in your studio that Robert has in his. These paints, Gamblin Artist Colors, are artist grade and of high quality.
The brushes on the list are the same brushes that Robert uses for this course. Although Robert usually uses kolinsky sable brushes for his rounds, to keep the initial costs down we will use the Eclipse synthetic rounds.
If you have any questions about the painting materials, please contact the studio at [email protected]
(As a new student you MUST have everything listed)
- Oil Paint, Gamblin Artist's Colors
- Titanium White
- Ivory Black
- Linseed oil
- Brush cleaning tank
- Brush cleaning solution (odorless mineral spirits)
- Painting palette, disposable paper palette
- Palette knife
- Fredrix Canvas Pad, 9” x 12”, 10 sheets
- 2 Derwent Inktense watercolor pencil - Charcoal Gray
Above material can be purchased through Blick Artist materials - Purchase now.
Brushes (Rosemary & Company)
- #6 Eclipse filbert, long handle
- #12 Eclipse filbert, long handle
- #4 Eclipse round, short handle
- #7 Eclipse round, short handle
- ⅜” Mundy Mops, short handle (I would suggest two of these)
- ½” Mundy Mops, short handle (I would suggest two of these)
Above brushes can be purchased directly from Rosemary and Company, allow 14 days for delivery - Purchase now.
Once you are on the Rosemary & Co. website simply click on the green plus basket icon to add the brushes to you shopping cart.
Also required but you may have these in your studio already:
- Disposable plastic bathroom cups, NOT PAPER!
- Paper towels
- 12” aluminum ruler
- Pencil sharpener